THE ASCENSION OF OUR LORD or ASCENSION DAY
Double of I Class, w/ priviliged Octave 3
- Matins: all from the Feast (p. C389 …). III Nocturns, Lessons from the Feast, Te Deum is said. Note: if you are following the American BCP the Gospel reading will be from Luke: 24, 49: “Jesus said … blessing God.” But the Homily remains the same as when the English BCP is followed
- Lauds: Psalms of Sunday, rest from the Feast. No Preces, no Commem. of the Cross.
- Prime & Hours: all as for the Feast. At Prime Brief Response from Ascension: “Thou that hast ascended above the stars,” no Preces.
- Vespers: 2nd Vespers of the Feast (Vespers 3, and rest as given at “for both Vespers.”
- Compline: of Sunday, no Preces.