St. Nicomede, M, Simple
Note: there is a mistake in the Anglican Breviary at this point. On p. S39 reference is made to Sept. 14 to find he Collect and Legend for St. Nicomede. That is not correct. The Collect and Legend can be found on Sept. 15 p. E421 (Legend) and E420 for the Collect.
- Matins: Inv. & Hymn as for a Martyr in Easteride, Psalms & Ant. as in Ordinary & Psalter for Eastertide. I Nocturn. Lesson i & ii (+ Responses) from Common 4, Lesson iii is Lesson ix the Legend of St. Nicomede p. E421. Te Deum is said.
- Lauds: all from Psalter & Ordinary, from Chapter onwards of the Feast using Common 4. No Preces, Commem. of the Cross is said.
- Prime & Hours: all from Psalter & Ordinary, from Chapter onwards of the Feast. At Prime Dominical Preces are said.
- I Vespers of the Ascension: all as for the Feast as ordered on p. C389. Notice that you are referred to p. C398 AT BOTH VESPERS for Rubrics specific to this Feast.
From this Vespers onwards the following applies: from I Vespers of the Ascension until I Vespers of Pentecost all Hymns of the ordinary meter, except those with an unchanging Ending, are terminated with the Ascensiontide Doxology, as in the Table of Common Forms: All praise from every heart and tongue / To thee, ascended Lord, be sung.
- Compline: of Sunday, no Preces.
Rogation Wednesday and Vigil of the Ascension
- Matins: all as in the Psalter & Ordinary for Eastertide. Lessons from Proper of the Season (Gospel & Homily). I Nocturn, Te Deum is said.
- Lauds: all as in the Psalter & Ordinary as for Eastertide, Ant. on Ben. “Father …” & Collect from previous Sunday. Commem. of the Cross is said.
- Prime & Hours: all as in the Psalter & Ordinary as for Eastertide. At Prime, Dominical Preces are said.
- Vespers & Compline as above for Ascension.