Wednesday May 25
For the Simple Kalendar this is a Feria: everything for all Hours from the Psalter & Ordinary for Eastertide plus what is given as Proper for the Season.
Or from the Proposed BCP: Saint Aldhelm, Double.
- I Vespers: Psalms & Ant. from Psalter, from Chapter onwards of the Feast (Common 7). No Commem. No Preces.
- Compline: of feria, no Preces.
- Matins: by Rule 1: Psalms & Ant. from Psalter in I Nocturn. Lessons combined from occurent Scripture and the Legend (S36-37).
- Lauds: Psalms & Ant. from Psalter & Ordinary, from chapter onwards of the Feast. No Preces, no Commem.
- Prime & Little Hours: Psalms & Ant. from Psalter & Ordinary, at Prime no Preces. From Chapter onwards of the Feast.
- Vespers: of St. Augustine of Canterbury w/comemm. of St. Aldhelm. All as in the Psalter & Ordinary but from the Chapter onwards of the Feast (Common 7).
- Compline: of the feria, no Preces.
If St. Augustine’s Feast is kept as a Double II Class:
- I Vespers: Psalms & Ant. as in Common 7, Chapter & following from Common 7 unless propers are given. Commem. of St. Aldhelm from Table 7. No Commem. of the Cross. No Preces.
- Compline: of Sunday, no Preces.